October 23, 2011

Train from Milan to Venice, Italy (Oct 7)

Milan to Venice (Oct 7)


Milan train station

Milan to Venice by Train
We went to the Milan train station to go to Venice, it was very tricky figuring out which train to catch since there were 3 trains listed for Venice. When we figured out which train we were supposed to catch it was not running so we had to take a different one. We showed the ticket to train staff and they pointed to machine to punch the ticket, which we did . As we were going to get on the train people were running so we thought we better hurry and as I went to get on the train I dropped my ticket and it fell in front of the wheel of the train and I could not get it. I could not find any train staff to tell and there was no time to go and get another ticket. I got on the train and planned to tell the ticket collector when they came to check the tickets and show my receipt from Visa when I bought the ticket. My friend and I sat beside a couple of women from Switzerland. After about 2 1/2 hours the ticket collector came and my friend gave him her ticket and he punched it, then he asked the other 2 women for tickets. They had bought their tickets on line and he said they were no good. A lady translated for the women and they explained that they could not get the other train because it was not running. He kept insisting that they pay so they finally did and the lady translating told them to take the ticket and receipt for the money to the office when they got to Venice and they would get reimbursed. We were at the end of the train car and by the time he finished with the women he left and went to the next train. I did not know what to do but I was totally stressed out for the next 1 1/2 hoursof the trip. He did not come back and I was thanking the Lord for looking after me, and I was so glad to get off the train.

Foresteria Valdese, Methodist Church, we stayed in this room one night and then changed to a different room same hotel. It was basic, but clean.

It was not easy to find the hotel since no street runs straight and there are not many signs, but after asking several people and a few wrong turns we got there. After settling in we walked around Venice, and loved it.



No comments: