May 17, 2009

Home

Day 11
Home
Next day Andy finds out that I was only on standby to get home. He was great as he spent most of his day trying to sort it out. The plane wasn’t leaving until 4:40 AM next morning. We finally decided my only option was to taxi to the airport at 12:30 AM and hope to get on, as the next flight wouldn’t for another four days. I took a hotel in case I had to come back and I still had the rest of the day and night to wait. Hotel called me a cab at midnight and noticed that they wrote down the driver’s number and license number. They cheerfully said they would see me later. I said, “No thanks, I hope I never see Cairo again much as I have enjoyed it.” Waited at the airport till 4:15 AM and finally gratefully got on. Had breakfast and slept till Amsterdam. Great service so enjoyed the rest of the trip home.

No comments: