December 1, 2009

Gingerbread house party part 4 (2001-2009)

2001
Dec 14 Attended: Elsie, Diane, Donna E, Anne, Shirley, Eira, Lisa, Vera ( 9).




Two days later Kyle and Melissa decorated houses, Melissa’s first house

















2002
Dec 18 Attended: Elsie, Maureen, Diane, Donna E, Marlene, Vanessa, Evey and new comer-Elaine (9). I had to change the date on short notice because one of our mental health clients got Norwalk. Five days later, when my granddaughter from Vancouver came I decorated houses with Kyle, Melissa and Kiana.












































2003



Dec 13 Attended: Elsie, Donna E, Anne, Maureen, Christine, Evey, Marlene, and new comers-Donna P and Rachelle (10). Maureen, who is a jeweller custom made tiny cookie cutters to make the windows.

The next day Kyle and Melissa decorated houses









2004
Dec 11 Attended: Elsie, Maureen, Christine, Eira, Marlene, Dodie, Evey, Anne, Donna E, Donna P, Anne, and new comer-Joan (13). We made 15 houses. This was a happy and sad party, happy because I was retiring but sad because I would not be here to have another gingerbread house party at Christmas for a while.

































2005-2007



I did not have any gingerbread house parties because we had retired and were travelling around the country and were not here in the winter.




2008
Sept 3 Attending: Donna E, Maureen, Donna P, Elsie, Evey, Anne, Mary (newcomer),(8) I reinstated my gingerbread house party, but in the fall because we were still going to be away for the winter, but I really missed the party. Unfortunately because of the timing a lot of the regular attendees could not come. We had the usual problem with miscounting roofs, sides and ends. We made 12 houses, so that I had houses left for my grandchildren to decorate and Christine (Elsie’s daughter) took one home for her daughter making it 3 generations of decorating gingerbread houses. Her 5 year old daughter was so excited she got up and dressed wanting to go to her grandmother’s house to decorate the gingerbread house. All the houses are made from the same pattern but look very different when they are decorated




my grandson, and his friend and my grandaughter decorated houses the next day


















2009
Kyle, Melissa and Cara decorated houses a few days later
































Kyle's object was to get as much candy on the house as possible




2009




This is the 25th year of the gingerbreadhouse parties







Oct 30 Attending: Donne E, Maureen, Donna P, Elsie Christine, Evey, Anne & her daughter, Dodie. We have moved back into our whole house (we had been staying in the basement) so had party later in year, since it was so close to Halloween some of the people decorated their houses for Halloween. We made 14 houses so I had some for my grandchildren and one of my friend’s daughter to decorate


















No comments: