March 12, 2013

Rijksmuseum (Amsterdam)


The weather was changeable again with sun, cloud and wind. We took a canal boat (had an hour left on our canal boat pass) to the Rijksmuseum. Since we never went to any of the other art museums we decided to go to this one with over 400 masterpieces. Some of the paintings were outstanding there was one painting of fruit that I loved, I wanted to buy a post card of it but could not find any of that particular painting. There were also silver ornaments and cups and marble statues. There were 2 dollhouses, which of course interested me since I have such a nice dollhouse myself. They were interesting but cluttered looking and the furniture seemed crudely made.


We went back to Walk with Wok for lunch and had a little different combination and it was very good. We bought some snacks and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening in the hotel and organized our luggage for leaving the next day.

No comments: